Monday 11 January 2016

‘It Should Have Been Me Or Yaya Toure’- Andre Ayew Slams CAF


In an interview with L’Equipe, the 26 year old Ghanaian forward Andre Ayew condemned the decision of CAF on making Gabonese star, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang  the African Footballer of the year few hours after Manchester City star Yaya Toure also criticized Pierre’s emergence..
Andre who is the son of Ghanaian legend, Abedi Pele said he expected either himself or Yaya to have won the award having played in the final of the last AFCON..
He said in the interview:
‘I think that playing the final game of the African cup of nations should be considered. I played this game and so did Yaya. I thought that the winner will be one of us..
However, I think that the Africans should consider their competitions before choosing the winner. To be honest, I think that the winner should have been me or Yaya.’
Andre’s Father Abedi Pele won the award in 1992 which was the last time a Ghanaian footballer did so..

No comments: