Tuesday 5 January 2016

Zidane: "I'll give everything for the team to win something this year"

Real Madrid's new manager, Zinedine Zidane, promised to put his "whole heart" into the job during his unveiling at the Bernabéu. He went on to state that he and everyone at the club would "try to do the best we can so that this team wins something at the end of the year", adding that he felt "more emotional" even than when he signed for 'Los Blancos' as a player in 2001.
"Firstly, I want to thank our president for giving me the opportunity to manage this team. We have the best club in the world and the best fans in the world and we have to try to do the best we can so that this team wins something at the end of the year. I can only say that I'm going to do everything possible, the best I can along with all the players and I think everything'll turn out fine, that's all", stated Zidane in his first words as manager.
The Frenchman, who up until now held the post as coach of Real Madrid Castilla, added in his brief appearance that, "the most important thing is to be with the team tomorrow and get to work", five days away from his opening match in charge at home to Deportivo La Coruña.
"Today is a significant day for me and I'm a bit emotional, more so than when I signed as a player, but that's normal. I'm going to give my whole heart for this club to try and make sure everything turns out well", promised the former Real Madrid player.

No comments: