Wednesday 6 January 2016

Henry - Why I love being back at Arsenal

Thierry Henry says he is enjoying building up his coaching experience at the “place he loves”.
The Arsenal legend - who scored 228 goals in 377 appearances for the club - is working towards his coaching badges and has returned to London Colney as an assistant to help train the under-18s and under-19s.
Those sessions have helped Henry to increase his knowledge of the game - and he can even count on a familiar face for advice.
“[Arsène Wenger and I] sit sometimes, obviously he has a lot on his plate,” Henry told the Arsenal Magazine. “We speak about training youngsters and how it’s different to training senior players. We talk about being a manager, we talk about players from the academy. I will ask him questions on how to deal with certain situations.
“I’m obtaining my badges right now with the Welsh FA and looking to gain the A-licence. It goes without saying that I asked Arsenal if I could do that with them and be involved with the team.
“I asked the boss and he said to come, train with the under-18s and 19s and help conduct sessions. I’m just an assistant at the minute, I’m not a coach but it’s great, as you can imagine.
“It’s the place I love, there’s so much emotion for me here so this was always going to be where I wanted to start my coaching.
“I have a certain view of how I would like teams to play but it’s one thing to have a view and another to try and execute it. For example are you still going to maintain that philosophy if you’ve lost two or three games, while fans are upset, the press is having a go and players are storming into your office?
“It’s all stuff I’m learning. How to stay strong, how to remain in the same direction despite enduring problems.”

No comments: