Saturday 20 February 2016

Iheanacho: I use to begged to watch EPL matches


In what can best be describe as a grass to grace story, Nigeria and Manchester City 19 years old star, Kelechi Iheanacho said he do beg to watch the Barclay Premier League matches when growing up as most times, he find it hard to raise the fifty naira charge per a match.

The youngster who has established himself in the star-stud city team said he never knew that he will soon become one of the EPL stars.

‘Maybe after the game I’d hear the scores and all that. I’d be at home playing football and my friends would come back after being there to tell me. We didn’t have a television at home.’

‘Sometimes I watched the Spanish league —it was a bit cheaper, maybe 30 naira,’ he adds. ‘But the Premier League was 50. Sometimes I’d watch the Premier League if I found the money..

After starring at the 2013 FIFA under 17 world cup in the United Arab Emirate, Kelechi was snapped up by Manchester City and has scored a number of goals for the Manuel Pellegrini tutored side.

No comments: