Friday 29 January 2016

Vidic hangs his boot


Former Manchester United and Inter Milan defender, Nemanja Vidic has announced his retirement from football at the age of 34, he played for Manchester United for eight years from January 2006 to May 2014 before joining Inter Milan who recently terminated his contract.


"The time has come for me to hang up my boots," said Vidic. "The injuries I have had in the last few years have taken their toll.
"I would like to thank all the players I have played with, all the managers and staff I have worked with, and say a big 'thank you' to the fans for their support over the years."
He formed a formidable defensive pairing with Rio Ferdinand at Old Trafford.

Nemanja Vidic Stats and Awards

211 matches

149 wins

95 clean sheets

2 player of the season awards

5 BPL titles

3 League Cups

1 Champions League

1 Club World Cup


Is he one of the best defender the Premier League ever witnessed?

No comments: