Wednesday 8 June 2016

Sissoko reveals desire to join Arsenal


Moussa Sissoko has confirmed that he wants to leave Newcastle United this summer and admits he would welcome a move to Arsenal.
The 26-year-old was part of the Newcastle side that suffered relegation from the Premier League this season, but the midfielder has no plans to play in the Championship next term.



On his future at St James’ Park, Sissoko told Foot Mercato: "It was a complicated season. Many things happened during the season. Things are done. Now it is for me to look further."
Sissoko, who is currently preparing with the France national team ahead of Euro 2016, has made it clear that he would be happy to join Arsenal if they were interested.
"It's very flattering. Arsenal is one of the best European clubs," said the midfielder.

"To be followed by this kind of club, it proves that we have the quality. It's good to know. I hope I will have a chance soon to play in this club or similar club.
"It's a very big club in Europe. I think few people would refuse to play there.
"Everyone knows, I have often said when I was young, my heart was Arsenal club, because there were a lot of French players that have been there as Thierry Henry, Robert Pires, Sylvain Wiltord, Patrick Vieira who was my idol.

"The beautiful Arsenal. We'll see. I cannot tell you that I will go to Arsenal. For now, I'm focused on the team of France and the Euros. I have advisers who manage all this and I hope everything will go well with minimal difficulty for me to find another club."

No comments: